https://theinsidehome.org is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Data, and we will gladly assist you.
- 1 Definitions
- 1.1 Data Protection Principles
- 1.2 Data Subject's rights
- 1.3 Das we gather
- 1.4 Comments
- 1.5 Media
- 1.6 Contact forms
- 1.7 Embedded content from other websites
- 1.8 Advertising
- 1.9 Third parties
- 1.10 How we use your Personal Data
- 1.11 Who else can access your Personal Data
- 1.12 How we secure your Data
- 1.13 Children
- 1.14 Cookies and other technologies we use
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of services performed on Personal Data or sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – theinsidehome.org
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have legal grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to its purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited to a period. We will not store your data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject's rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information– meaning you have to know right whether your Personal Data is being processed, what Data is gathered, where it is obtained, and why it is processed.
- Right to access– meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- The right to rectify means you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure– meaning in certain circumstances, you can request your Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict ProcessingProcessing– meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to Processing Processing– meaning in some instances, you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example, in the case of direct marketing.
- The right to object to automated Processing means you have the right to object to automated ProcessingProcessing, including profiling, and not subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. You can exercise this right whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability– you have the right to obtain your Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to complain– if we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority– meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the reason for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent– you have the right to remove any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Das we gather
The information you have provided us with
This might be your email address, name, billing address, home address, etc. – mainly, information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and email address.
The information automatically collected from you.
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, it could be your shopping cart information, your IP address, shopping history (if there is any), etc. This information is used to improve the customer experience. When you use our services or look at our website's contents, your activities may be logged.
The information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or gathered about you on other legitimate grounds.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
Also, and to ensure that each visitor to any of our websites can use and navigate the site effectively, we collect the following:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address, used to connect your device to the Internet;
- Your login information, browser type, and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, and versions;
- Operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the Uniform Resource Locators (URL), the clickstream to, through, and from our site.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor's IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the site.
We may use contact form submission information to get in touch with you. We do not use the data submitted through the contact form for marketing purposes.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way that the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google AdSense and Amazon Advertising on our website.
Our website uses Google AdSense for:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Data to:
- provide our service to you (for example this could be registering your account, providing you with products and services that you have requested)
- enhance your customer experience;
- improve our website to serve you better;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
- provide you with information that you have requested or which we think may be relevant to a subject in which you have demonstrated an interest;
- ensure the security and safe operation of our websites and underlying business infrastructure;
- personalize your experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings you are most interested, and
- manage any communication between you and us.
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services similar to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from our carefully selected partners and us);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data to fulfill obligation rising from law and use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized.
We might process your Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but are compatible with the first use of the data. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further ProcessingProcessing;
- the further ProcessingProcessing would not harm your interests and
- there would be an appropriate safeguard for ProcessingProcessing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is, in some cases, provided to our trusted partners to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience.
For example, we share your data with:
- Google Analytics
- Google AdSense
- Amazon Associates
We only work with Processing partners who can ensure an adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your Data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We do not use vulnerability scanning and scanning to PCI standards.
We have what we believe are appropriate security controls in place to protect personal data. However, we do not have any control over what happens between your device and the boundary of our information infrastructure. You should be aware of the many information security risks that exist and take appropriate steps to safeguard your information. We accept no liability in respect of breaches that occur beyond our sphere of control.
Even though we try our best, we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify the proper authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we can reasonably to prevent security breaches and assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies– These cookies are required for you to use some essential features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don't collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies– These cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and email in comment forms, so you don't have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies– These cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies– These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests. Also, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the website operator's permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website, and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
For example, if you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. You can also remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings.
If you turn cookies off, it won't affect your website experience.